Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Stern light for a 2001 Fundeck 188GS

schmidtmj1
schmidtmj1 Member Posts: 4
I have a 2001 Fundeck 188GS, and I broke the stern light (mount) that is on the Bimini top.  Is there somewhere I can get a replacement, or a compatible part? 

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Lots of options here... http://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_image_sort|1||p_purchased|1&Ne=1000&N=2756&cname=Electrical
  • rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    I try to avoid Zamak whenever possible. Especially on hard to replace parts. The light on my bimini was non-existant so i used an Attwood part w/ plastic mount from Wally world since we are replacing bimini frame this season
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you on the Zamak comment.  I would have preferred stainless steel, but this is what the boat came with.  If it breaks, stainless will be the replacement.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• schmidtmj1
    schmidtmj1 Member Posts: 4
    I appreciate the suggestions.

I bought an Attwood LED All-Round  Cam-Lock Adjustment Fold-Down Light. Cost about $38. It has a bracket for a flat surface, and one that fits the bimini rail. I was able to use one of the screw holes, and had to re-drill another. Looks and works well. I think the cam lever will be better that the knob on the original light that broke off.