Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

are there any ideas of what to check to see what the problem is?

Options
My stereo comes on and it shows as if sound is coming out but there is no sound coming from speakers. 

Answers

• mtk_rob
    mtk_rob Confirm Email, Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2022
    Options
    i'm going to guess it's unlikely that the physical connection to the back of the radio is out as typically these are wired into a harness and if that was disconnected it wouldn't turn on.

check the physical connections to the backs of the speakers. each has a (+) and a (-), make sure they're not corroded or shaken loose.

also try the same leads on an external speaker as it could be the speakers themselves that have succumbed to corrosion
  • sabrina
    sabrina Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I thought it maybe the speakers and replaced those but that didn't help. I checked my wires to the stereo and everything was connected. I then checked my wiring harness to the radio to make sure it was connected. When I opened the connector to look at it;  I noticed one of the pins inside or the female connector was missing. Now I am trying to figure the best place to buy the female connector but have no idea where to start
  • mtk_rob
    mtk_rob Confirm Email, Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Have you tried connecting an external speaker directly to the radio speaker outs?