Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

GS-201 "Water" Switch on Dash

ctsmiths
ctsmiths Member Posts: 5
The dash of my 2002 GS-201 Fundeck has a switch labeled "Water". Turning on the switch doesn't appear to do anything and I don't hear a pump running. The switch is wired and illuminates when turned on. What is this switch for?
Tagged:

Comments

• mtk_rob
    mtk_rob Confirm Email, Member Posts: 32
    the transom shower. the pump is probably a jabsco and is probably near the battery. if yours is a 2002 the pump is probably dead, it's easy to replace. also check that the negative (black) lead isn't corroded off the bus bar.
  • ctsmiths
    Thanks...The battery area only has 3 battery slots (1-Engine, 2- Trolling Motor) and the oil container, no room for a pump or storage tank. I have 2 water inlets with Valves in the bottom of the transom, 1 is for the Bait well (can't find the pump) and the other...well can't figure out where it goes...
    as for the transom shower, can't figure out where the hose and head would have been stored? no signs of anything... 
  • ctsmiths
    Unless....someone replaced the water tank with the 2 battery hold downs for the trolling motor. I found 2 more wires back there leading towards the bow but I cannot find the end. I will check them to the water switch. However, where would the faucet been mounted? This is a Outboard Motor.... 
  • ctsmiths
    anyone have a pic of a transom shower for a 2002 GS201?????

• thurricane
    thurricane Administrator Posts: 485 admin
    Here is a 2002 brochure copy on the last page it shows the fresh water washdown