Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

bilge pump

jagaaar
jagaaar Member Posts: 6
Is there an automatic function on the bilge pump?. Does it require that I leave the master power switch in the on position and the pump switch in the on position?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Bilge pumps are usually connected to the battery directly and not activated based on battery switch position.  You can always test this yourself by putting the battery switch in the "Off" position and adding water to the bilge area until the pump comes on, bearing in mind it may take a few inches of water to activate.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Gward
    Gward Member Posts: 8
    After purchasing a used 2012  187 Sundeck, that is exactly what I did to test the bilge. I turned battery switch off and ran a hose to the hull and after a few minutes, the bilge came on.
  • Nataliee
    Nataliee Member Posts: 13
    This Shoreline bilge pump works very well on my 1986 4WINNS boat with a 3.0 engine and is 16' long. I had a bellow leak from my outdrive and this emptied the bilge without any problem.  It is effortless to position in the hull. With the detachable clip, I can easily remove it from the surface for cleaning and inspection.

• formerlyFlyingV5
    formerlyFlyingV5 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2022
    My FunDeck has the bilge pump mounted on a removable bracket that makes servicing it a bit easier. Remove whatever access covers you have in the motor well area and look in the bilge near the transom. If it looks like this you only need to remove two screws at the top of the bracket to remove pump and switch. Disconnecting the hose and finding / disconnecting the wire plug are the hard part. The solid state switch has two dots that you touch to test it. Mine did not work and was replaced with a real float switch. You will find much info on this forum regarding these unreliable electronic switches. Pump can run two ways: Battery power runs to auto-switch, accessory power runs through dash switch to pump.
  • Nataliee
    Nataliee Member Posts: 13
    Nataliee said:
    This Shoreline bilge pump works very well on my 1986 4WINNS boat with a 3.0 engine and is 16' long. I had a bellow leak from my outdrive and this emptied the bilge without any problem.  It is effortless to position in the hull. With the detachable clip, I can easily remove it from the surface for cleaning and inspection.

While it is a good bilge pump, one of the drawbacks is that it has weak pressure. It does not throw water far from the place where it accumulates. Even with the maximum pressure capacity, it does not seem to redirect the water more than a foot away