Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fuel Filter- 2004 Fun Deck 218

stix217
stix217 Member Posts: 1

Hello...I recently bought a 2004 Fun Deck 218 w/ a Yamaha 150 4 stroke.  Normally, I like to change the fuel filter at least every season with boats I've owned previously.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a fuel filter on my new (new- to me) fun deck.  Do any of you know if Hurricane made then fun deck with a fuel filter, and if so, where they located it?

If not, have you installed one on your own?  and if so where did you install it?

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@stix217.  Hurricane by default doesn't install an inline fuel filter however many folks put an inline fuel/water separator filter after the fact.   I'd be unable to tell you if that exists on your boat or not.

However, the fuel filter for the engine is specific to the engine, not the boat so you'd need to find out from either a Yamaha dealer or perhaps someone on here can identify the exact location of the filter however it may be directly attached on the fuel intake of your engine (sorry, I'm a Mercury owner)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer