Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Warranty work at a dealer that was not the selling dealer

Broadway
Broadway Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

Has anyone had issues with fullfilling hull, motor, or other manufacturer warranties at a dealer/authorized serivce center that was not the dealer you purchased your Hurricane from?  I will be buying a Hurricane but then quickly moving to another location where there is a Hurricane Dealer/authorized service center. 

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

Best Answers

Answers

• Broadway
    Broadway Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    So I see this is very different from a car manufacture warranty.  With a car, I could be traveling or had moved and could stop in any authorized dealer for warranty work.  Why does my relationship with the dealers matter in the boating world?  After I move, I hope my warranty support for everything does not depend on a relationship with a dealer that may want nothing to do with me.

Thanks,

Chris

2013 FD 226

Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

Venture Trailer

2nd RGR BN.

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @Broadway ... I don't think the service is "dependent" on a relationship...it's just a suggestion that would perhaps make more sense if there were a couple of different local dealers to choose from.