Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2013 203 deck boat cover

Options
pauloneal
pauloneal Member Posts: 1
My 2013 203 deck boat requires you to disconnect the Bimini top sway bar to install or remove the boat cover. Did I get the wrong cover or is this a design flaw?

Comments

• jlwcypress
    jlwcypress Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a new 2013 Fundeck and the full cover has openings so the cover works if the bimini top is up or down. I would say you have the wrong cover...
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Hmmmm...checking with Hurricane engineers on this one, Paul.
  • MNDaveC
    MNDaveC Member Posts: 24
    Options
    My 203 cover would require the same, but I have the Bimini in the lower stowed position when covered, so it does not pose a problem to me.
  • dolfan1967
    dolfan1967 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options
    Capt Steve,

I have a 2013 SD2200 DC OB...same question. I have the canvas covers, and trailer-store my boat. I purchased a $400 boat cover. that requires the bimini top poles to be removed, so I returned the cover. The owner of my storage marina highly recommended getting a boat cover to help w/ fading and gel coat cracking. But my 1st Mate said there is no way in h311 that we are removing/re-connecting the bimini each time we boat.

Is there a boat cover that can be used w/o removing the bimini top? Do you know is Nautic Group makes/plans to make a custom one-piece bow to stern boat cover?
    2013 SD 2200 DC
    Yamaha 150 four-stroke
    Lowrance Elite-4 HDI
    Bow Cushion
    WindStorm trailering cover (tailored for bimini frame)
    Venture Tandem Bunk Trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurricane only offers mooring covers for their boats, which easily accommodates the bimini top in it's upright or lowered position.  Sundecks get a two piece mooring cover while Sundeck Sports and FunDecks usually have a one piece design.  I believe your asking about storage/trailer cover.  That would only be available as an aftermarket item or custom made at a marine upholstery shop. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer