Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Sink/shower fresh water pump location in 2002 23 ft sundeck

lindaarnoldfl
lindaarnoldfl Member Posts: 2
2002 23ft sun deck. Where is the pump location for the sink behind the Capt Chair? How do you troubleshoot no water from the spray nozzle?

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    On my boat the pump is accessed through the storage compartment behind the captains chair.  The water tank is in the same location which is basically under the fill port.  I have a 217 SD. 

You should be able to hear the pump run when you flip the "galley pump" switch.  If you don't hear it run, ti could be burnt out or and electrical problem.  Its easy to kill the pump if you leave water in the system over the winter..........they tend to freeze.  Sometimes it takes a little run time in the spring to get water flow.  I've heard that in some cases the pump needs to be primed, but I'm not sure how, unless you take off the spray hose, and put some water down the hose.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • lindaarnoldfl
    lindaarnoldfl Member Posts: 2
    I'm sure the pump is burned up but still can't find access to it in order to replace it. When I turn the water switch on there is no noise and no water and shortly thereafter the dash circuit breaker pops. The fill is on the transom and the sink is behind the captains chair. The hose indeed goes through the storage compartment and disappears going forward and down the side of the hull. I'll keep looking! Any suggestions?
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @lindaarnoldfl ... here's the response from Terri in Hurricane Customer Support: 

This pump is located at the starboard transom of the boat.  You can remove the access plates at the motor well looking at the engine off to the left.
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    After reading the above, I'm still looking for my pump :)

It's a 2003 SD217. Looking through the starboard side transom access hole, I see the side of the water tank and the aluminum bracket holding it down, and a little part of a clear vinyl-with-colorful-braiding hose. Looking through the space beneath the inboard flip-door storage container (I suppose it would optionally be a cooler on newer boats) just forward of the starboard stern step-through, I see the water tank and the same clear hose connected to it, running from it forward, beneath the under-sink storage compartment. No pump in sight. In the under-sink storage compartment, I see the same type hose leading in from somewhere forward. Could the pump be behind the screw-on cupholder panel below the throttle control? I'd rather not loosen those screws without good reason to, for fear they won't remain tight afterward.

Thanks for any clues!
    David
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• HydroCanis
    OK, re-reading, I see Ernest T's comment about "behind the Captain's chair". I thought he meant to the rear, but perhaps beside it?
    David
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    There should be an access plate in the floor under the galley sink to get to the fresh water pump.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Did you look through the deck storage compartment behind the captain's chair.  Open the storage compartment and remove the plastic bin inside.  You should be able to see and access the pump from there if you don't see it under the sink.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • HydroCanis
    I did look under the plastic bin. The hose goes past under there from the water tank forward, but continues to under the under-sink compartment without a pump in sight. However, the under-sink compartment is carpeted and I didn't check to see if the carpet was loose and possibly concealing an access panel. I'll do that. Thanks.
    David

• HydroCanis
    Doh! I looked around again under the bin near the step-through behind the captain's seat. What I thought was just a piece of white PVC pipe with some rubber on it to hold the hose in place is actually the pump. Weird looking pump. I bared the wires and tested the power. It is getting juice, and not making a peep. So I ordered a pump, a Jabsco Galley Pump, 1gpm @5psi, if I remember correctly. It's shaped differently, but has the same type barbed connectors for the hose. Interestingly, the voltage at the pump (across the wires, not through the pump) was a steady 11.6V, while my battery is supplying a steady 12.7V. That's a bit more voltage drop than I'd expect.

Anyhow, thanks for the help. I'll update when the new one's in place.
    David

• HydroCanis

New pump works. 1 gpm at low pressure means there isn't a strong spray (my boat only has the sink spray, not a rear outlet), but that's probably good for hand washing in the sink, and a stronger pump would have cost significantly more. Fittings are sized differently, though. The hose leading from the tank to the pump and the pump to the spray are about 1/2" ID, and the new pump's inlet and outlet are about 3/8" ID. I couldn't find adapters or even pieces to assemble to do it with the proper barbed connectors in local retail stores, so I bought brass 1/2" to 3/8" adapters for PEX, and short lengths of 3/8" ID braided vinyl hose for both sides of the pump. The brass adapters were a little loose in the hoses until clamped, but hose clamps made them watertight. Someday I might buy a stronger pump, split the output for a longer hose output, and regulate the pressure/flow to the sink.

David

• rjones434343
    rjones434343 Member Posts: 1
    i have similar problem.  freshwater is not working.  i found the pump and it is humming, so assuming that it works what else could be the problem.  does this pump need to be primed?