Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2014 sd2000

Options
rob918
rob918 Member Posts: 6

i recently purchased new an sd2000 w/200 yamaha 4 stroke. after a few wash downs i opened the bottom compartment in the walk way to the bow.  it had 3 inches of water in it.  and the water was surging  up the drain.  i turned the bilge on and it pumped forever seemingly. the boat seems to set lower in the water at the bow.  is this design or am i having a problem? nothing but the anchor stored in the forward compartments.  1/2 tank of gas,  fresh water tank full.  thanks for your time. 

Comments

• cpufixer1
    cpufixer1 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options

I also have a 2014 SD2000, and yes it seems to site bow heavy. I thought it was because I have an Evinrude on mine and it's 80 lighter then a Yami. When I wash the boat I have to stand in the back for it to drain to the back drains by the steps. 

• rob918
    Options

thanks for your reply cpufixer. makes me feel somewhat better that it is probably design. for the life of me i cannot figure why they did not mount a bilge pump in the bow. they must have known this design wa bow heavy.   Rob

• rob918
    Options

also the center storage on the floor is useless  as dry storage. we get enough water in the bige that it comes up thru the drain in that compartment  and stays there untill i get the bilge pump  running by standing on the rear end of the boat.