Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trailering without damage

HydroCanis
HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭

Being new to boating but experience dragging a camper around, it occurred to me that the boat might accumulate scratches or nicks from debris thrown up by (mostly) my tow vehicle. Does anyone address this? Would installing a pair of mud flaps on the tow vehicle be worthwhile, or is there some type of guard available? Thx.

David
2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

If your tow vehicle sit as high (or higher) as a pickup truck, it's probably not a bad idea to add a removable tow guard (full width mud guard) that you can find at any RV & Camper supply shop.  I tow with a Ford Expedition EL and haven't had an issue with stone chips so far. 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭

OK, I'll check into that, thanks. My older Tahoe sits level at factory height, probably throws less stuff up than the former owner's pickup, so maybe it's just not a problem.

David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6