Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Can't trim my boat

Thorne48
Thorne48 Member Posts: 1

Just purchased a 2010 Hurricane sundeck used, with a Mercury 200 verado, when I take off the boat comes up too plane with no problem, bit I can not adjust my trim, the display trim position shows 0, also the gauge on the dash shows down,  just sold my stern drive, never had a problem with trim. I never owned an outboard, wondering if these Mercury outboards trim differently. 

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

The motor should absolutely be able to trim.  Does the switch on the motor tilt it when you are at standstill?  If it does and the trim switch by the helm doesn't, then you may have a bad or disconnected helm switch.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

Like cjjjdeck said does it work at a stand still? If it won't go up under a load check your oil in the trim pump for water or if it's low, most likely have a seal leaking, check for oil around the trim rams, it doesn't take much of a leak to lose pressure under a load.

• jt3kids
    jt3kids Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have a 2004 fundeck 201.  trim pump solenoids both burnt up.  fried the connectors.