Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

1999 Fun Deck Drainage Problem

BearFan30
BearFan30 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Recently we purchased a neglected 1999 24' foot Fun Deck. We are in the process of rewiring it and putting new upholstery on.  We've noticed that the drainage is not good in the boat.  The ski locker constantly has water in it after a heavy rain.  It appears that the drain holes are plugged with leaves etc.  What are the drains in these boats?  Are they hoses or PVC pipes?  Any suggestions for cleaning them out?  Also, is there a diagram of the drain line locations etc?

Comments

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    The ski locker on my '12 FD drains into the bilge, but if the hatch is closed it shouldn't get much water inside. It sounds like the hoses that drain your deck scuppers overboard might be leaking inside the hull. If your boat is on a trailer, take the drain plug out and run a water hose onto the deck. That water should drain from a through-hull near the stern just above the waterline, not from the drain plug.
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, bearfan30, I failed to address your question. The hoses in my FD are a sort of flexible plastic tube that doesn't look like it would stand much pressure. Blowing out with compressed air is probably a bad idea. You might try water to soften the plug and a wet/dry shop vac to try and clear it until you can flush the system with running water.
  • BearFan30
    BearFan30 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Thanks a bunch FlyingV5!  How hard is it to access and possibly replace this flexible plastic tubes?
  • jt3kids
    jt3kids Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

ive got a 2004 fundeck.  the ski locker drains into bilge by small hole in rear locker.  could have leaves.  on mine there are a couple drain holes by captain seat and behind.  they are tied together to an 1.5 inch hard/flexible hose.  not really a need to replace hose.  grab a flexible romex wiring, or something hard but flexible and start stabbing at it. run water and it should clear.  mine always get clogged especially in the spring when I clean it.