Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

No power to courtesy lights - 2008 Hurricane SunDeck 2400

I got a huge surprise on the lake last weekend. Found out my courtesy lights wasnt working. Talk about trying to get back to the boat ramp in a hurry!! I guess there is no power to the switch itself or something. All of my other switches are working fine. The red light isnt even lighting up. Any suggestions on where to start looking and probing?

Thanks.. Clifton

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭

Hurricane uses circuit breakers with their helm switches (not fuses).  Did you check to see if the circuit breaker popped for that circuit?  If so, see if it resets.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

cliftoncross, I believe you are referring to your navigation lights since courtesy lights are used to light the cockpit area for convenience. cjjjdeck is giving you good advice and I add that you should always try to trace out a circuit before starting to dig into the nest of switch panel harness and breaker panel harness wiring. I have the Perko sidelights on my 2001 GS201 and I occasionally have to remove the stainless covers and rotate the bulbs in their sockets to remove the small amount of corrosion that can form there. Once that is done, they work just fine for a couple months. Good Luck ;)

Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • Hectorfundeck196ref
    Hectorfundeck196ref Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I have a 07 hurricane 196 ref fundeck. ..every single light and switch works EXCEPT my courtesy lights. . (Small little bitty circles) boat has 5 of them spread around. What's the problem or what do I have to do to replace or fix them...thanks fellas. Hector
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    @Hectorfundeck196ref.  It could possibly be your breaker or your courtesy switch.  If you're comfortable with it, unhook the connectors on the switch next to it and flip them with those on your courtesy switch.  Does the courtesy switch run the other accessory and does the other switch run the lights?

This should eliminate the breaker and switch.  If it still doesn't work, you've got to trace some electrical to see if you have a bad ground or you have a broken wire somewhere
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Hectorfundeck196ref
    Thanks again....I'm gonna do that and see what happens. Question though.. One courtesy light is located on the driver console on the side and easily accessible by opening the hatch door that leads to all the wires and connections. Do the other lights that are located on the sides almost on the deck floor pop out? For example if I want to use a small flathead screwdriver to pop em out.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the one inside the helm.  It may have a backside clip.  To be honest, I've never removed one so I'm uncertain if it simply has little tabs on the backside or if they have a threaded retainer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked with my dealer.  Courtesy lights are installed with spring clips.  They should just pry out from the surface.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Hectorfundeck196ref
    Thanks nquirk...I'm gonna do just that. ..Enormous help and I appreciate all your help and Information. .Awesome hurricane forum here to find help.