Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

E-tecs in the USA

waterboy
waterboy Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Hello fellow boaters,
I was having a discussion on the weekend with a guy from Ontario who is a Merc guy.  He brought up the valid point of more Merc dealers around if you had mechanical issues.  I have the e-tec and love it but if i lived in USA would I have as much Evenrude authorized dealers support.  
If you don't mind responding with a few answers on where you are from and if there are Evenrude dealers in the area.

Also an interesting fact was I was wondering about the Mercury company. I thought many years ago it had ties to Ford as in Ford/Mercury however after a little research it is owned by the Brunswick Company which makes alot of the Billiards and Bowling products along with many other leisure businesses.  If you care it is an interesting read on Wiki or the Brunswick website.

ss 188 ob

175 E-tec

Comments

• cpufixer1
    cpufixer1 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Yes, there are many more Merc and Yamaha dealer in my area too (Long Island ) . I love my etec and would by another one but I have to trailer or drive my boat 20 miles to get service. Lucky it never breaks.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 2000 Ficht 90HP motor on my Lund fishing boat and absolutely loved that motor.  We have a few Evinrude dealers in Northern NJ, but as was previously stated, Merc dealers abound and have great parts availability.  That's why I chose a Merc I/O on my Hurricane. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Yeah you don't seem to see as many down south for sure, in Saskatchewan where I'm from there are way more e-tec on my lake than Merc or Yammy, I'm just not sold on the etec, father in law had too many problems with his 09 90hp and 12 150 etecs, I'm staying Merc for now.
  • JOSHDOLPHINS1
    JOSHDOLPHINS1 Member Posts: 15
    West coast of Florida has a ton of etec dealers.