Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

boat taking on water

RMOCK
RMOCK Member Posts: 1
Just bought a 2007 Fundeck 195 and had my maiden voyage this weekend.
I'm a past boat owner but I encountered something I never have run into before.
As we were tooling along the bilge kept turning on and dumping serious water out while we were cruising at 5mph! Something is amiss, I think the plug is in (middle of 3 holes at transom), the right hole appears to be the live well intake and the left one must be the live-well drain OR its the boat drain that doesn't have a plug, hence the water intake!
I didn't have time to dive into looking under the floor this time but wondering if someone can help?
The other thought I have is the live well drain is leaking into the hull and triggering the bilge.
Any body out there?

Comments

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    That would be my first guess as well. On my model there are valves just inside the hull for both the live well intake and drain. If you have those and shut them off, at least that should rule out the live well hoses.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 5
    I experienced same exact trouble.  Problem is burst live well drain line...when studying situation I learned that drain will not gravity drain from live well hose.  Water remained in hose and burst this past winter.  I shut off drain and fill lines at transom and will fix this fall if dealer does not cover under warranty (new boat 2013)
    Hurricane 188 SS, 4.3 I/O 2013
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Hadn't really thought about that. I think the reason my pump is dead is that it froze, which would mean the hose could have as well, which would mean it could be leaking. If I'm taking on water it's not much, but I think I'll put a little dye in the live well to see if it ends up in the bilge. I'd like a little spider camera robot to crawl around in the bilge and take pictures and drag string to hard-to-reach spots.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• IdahoMark
    IdahoMark Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2014
    Yup, I had burst live well hoses too with same results - bilge kicking on.  I shoved a rag in the intake holes at the back to stem the water until I could get parts and fix it.  Changeable by owner.  Pull Live Well (remove cupholders or other access ports to do this), look for plates in floorboard and remove those to expose the hose as well.  Took me about an hour.