Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Price to replace rear back cushion on port side of 2004 GS188 fun deck...

rebmommj
rebmommj Member Posts: 9
Yes we trailered it home w/o a cover.  Stopped to check on interior twice.  Everything looked good only to find the back cushion had blown out the last few miles.  Retraced our route w/o success.  Offered reward hoping some kind soul found it & will return to us?Couldn't get callback from local dealer today.  This missing cushion really ruins the look & functionality of interior.  Would appreciate suggestions.  Oh btw dealer bought it from had just paid almost $2k to have upholstered so it did look brand new.  Could a local upholstery shop fabricate a new cushion for me?  It's all white interior. Thx. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I would probably want to have the same shop that did the re-upholstery job do it (just so the "white" color matches), most seat bottoms can easily be fabricated by most marine upholstery shops. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• rebmommj
    Thx.  Got an email into veada.com to c if they can help me out. Only need the back curved cushion...seat bottom is still intact.  Won't trust towing it on just those clips again.
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Good luck, rebmommj.

This reminds me... I have a bottom cushion, port side rear corner, that's just velcroed on and won't stay put on the highway. Looks like it once had something screwed into the bottom (from below?). What do you guys that tow without covers do to anchor these things in place? Some kind of straps? Maybe I should put my phone number on the bottom just in case (halfway kidding).
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• rebmommj
    Ours had 4 clip/bracket things that should have held ur didn't. Believe me, if I gad any idea it would come loose...would have put REWARD & phone #. NOT KIDDING!  ha. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    SunDeck's with the full width windshield probably have less chance having the cushions flying out (as long as the center windshield is closed).  The height of your tow vehicle would also have an effect (Expedition/Suburban/Van vs. Pick-up).  I've towed my boat from Northern NJ to Lake George NY (over 200 miles) with no incident.  Even so, using a Velcro-type product or snaps installed on the seat bottoms sounds like a pretty good idea.  Why tempt fate?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Snaps, hmm, hadn't thought about that.

I think I will Sharpie an email or phone number and "reward" on the bottoms, just in case.

I did put a couple of bungees around the vinyl Bimini pouch, as it's loose and baggy and I suspect sustained 60mph winds would rip it up.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6