Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Can you remove back rest cushions

RuddsRetreat
RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have 2003 gs211 and this is my first winter approaching.   I would like to remove all cushions if I can.   Does anyone know if they just lift up or are they fastened in.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Comments

• RuddsRetreat
    Anyone, Anyone??  I have to believe that I am not the only one that has thought about removing all cushions from boat during winter storage.  Please join in with comments. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I don't remove my seat cushions for winter storage, on my boat, the seat backs have screws on the bottom edge that you can expose by pushing up on the bottom of the cushion in the areas where they are located after you remove the seat bottom.  The tops of the seat backs have an "L" shaped bracket that hold the top edge to the fiberglass deck.  Maybe yours is similar.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RuddsRetreat
    I have to take a good look.  I hate to unscrew in fear of stripping screws after doing this a couple times.  I called Hurricane and they said the back cushions are on with snaps. "However this was the 2nd time I spoke with Hurricane and each time he sounded unsure of himself."  I will take a good look for the screws...
  • 1pointofview
    1pointofview Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I have removed my back seat cushion a number of times.  I park my ss188 in the garage.  But the ski pole is about 3 inches to high so I have to remove the pole first.  The only way to remove the pole is to remove the seat cushion which gives me access to a cut out that allows me to remove the pole. Just make sure you use the correct size screw driver so you do not strip out the head of the screw, other than that, you would have to screw and unscrew it countless times to strip out the hole.  If that eve occurred, then just put a plastic anchor in the hole so it will help protect the hole.

2013 Hurricane SS188
    115 Yam
    Magic Tilt Trailer
    Hotty Toddy
  • RuddsRetreat
    thanks for all reply's,  You wouldn't believe that the back rest cushions just lift up with no screws involved.  I couldn't believe it when I just simply went out and looked for screws under cushion and seen nothing, so I then just proceeded to lift and "walla".   They just hook on brackets.  
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    My 2002 was the same way without screws.  My 2010 does have screws.  So somewhere between 2003 and 2010 they started to screw the seat backs on.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • HEA2005
    HEA2005 Member Posts: 4
    With the help of Terri Gipson at Hurricane here's what I found on my 2005 GS202 Fundeck.  There's one screw right in the bottom middle of the back cushion holding everything down.  I lifted the cushion just a bit, found that screw which was attached to a little bracket and secured to the fiberglass.  Remove that screw and up it all came.  There are a number of L brackets that hold the cushion and go inside little circular cutouts on the back of the cushion.  3 brackets down the starboard side, a couple across the top and two down the port side  Now I can get at the two access panels or remove the fiberglass to get to the engine and below the engine more easily.