Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Helm Seats

Options
MacAttack
MacAttack Member Posts: 13
Just bought a 2003 GS211, showroom condition.  Are the helm seats adjustable vertically? The fellow I purchased it from said that the helm seats are but all I can seem to manage is to lift them right off the pedestal.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lever you are activating is probably the pivot release/seat lift-off lever.  Are there any other levers under the seat?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• MacAttack
    MacAttack Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks. I tend to think that is indeed the deal. No vertical adjustment.  In answer to ur first question tho' there is also a fore & aft adjustment lever!
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a plus!  I know you can get replacement seat bases that can give you that addition feature.  Someone must have changed the originals out, to your benefit!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• RuddsRetreat
    RuddsRetreat Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm also looking to replace my helm seat with one that flips up to convert into a leaning post.  The original chair is too close to the console and too low to see out front, also a pain in the **** to strattle chair for long periods .  It looks like the new 211's have a chair that flips up to a leaning post, but don't know what Hurricane will charge.  cjjjdeck sent me a link of a manufacture that make something similar to what I am looking for.  Did you find a replacement yet?