Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Live Well Question ??

Options
Hello all -

I am a second owner...have a 2004 SD217 with a Live Well.  The Live Well pump is definitely running...fills up the well.  The problem is that I can't figure out how to drain it...Is there a valve somewhere that I should open to drain it?  I've pulled the boat out of the water and nothing drained.  I also unscrewed the tube that's in the livewell thinking it would empty but no luck there...any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same model and on my boat there is a valve for both the live-well fill and drain lines. both valves are just behind the transom where the lines come through. I had the exact same problem the first time I tried the live well, and found out that the drain line valve was closed. Pull the circular access port and you should be able to see the valves. You also need to pull the tube in the live-well like you did.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • cmarti
    cmarti Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options
    I have a Sundeck 232 and the valve is in the rear of the boat down in the bilge area. It is a 1/4 turn ball type valve and you can see a brass bung from the rear of the boat at the bottom of the hull where the water runs out. I have to remove the round threaded access plate near my outboard motor to get to the valve. I am not sure if yours is the same or not.
    Hope this helps.