Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ski Locker Door Cracked need parts # 2011 SS 188

fldanny
fldanny Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
Over weekend someone closed locker without it being actually closed all the way then it was stepped on and it cracked. I cant find part number anywhere, need a little help please.

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Contact your dealer with your model and Hull ID and they can order it direct from Hurricane.  Parts such as this are only available and distributed via Hurricane's dealer network.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • m0nicasage
    m0nicasage Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Mine did too... just bought a used 2011 SS 201... was cracked underneath, and now cracked through... bummer... seams a little large with no support in the middle.

• Barefootwilson
    Barefootwilson Member Posts: 5
    My 188 also had a cracked ski locker hatch cover, dealer told me 379 for a replacement, no hinge or latch, I ordered, then was told shipping was an additional 45, so I repaired my old one by fiberglassing a piece of 3/8 plywood onto the inside. A design defect I'm sure. They changed the location of the hatch on newer 188s, so someone stepping down into boat does not step on hatch cover. I decided ti repair mine as I was not confident a new replacement would be any better than the original or last any longer than 50 hours like the original. Love my Sundeck other than this fairly serious issue! Considered buying a piece of King Starboard 3/4 thick and fabricating a new one, buy was unsure if color would match.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Great repair method, it will be interesting to see how it holds up.

If I had the same problem, I think the King Starboard would be the route I'd go.  You'll never break it and it is an excellent marine grade material.  The access doors in my boat are made of this material, so I think it will match the interior well.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• skidaddy
    skidaddy Member Posts: 4
    Sold my 188, bought a 2007 gs194, has same issue, ski locker lid cracked, I would think Hurricane would warranty these as they seem to be sub standard construction, hopefully they have improved them in newer models. 
  • Thesteve
    Thesteve Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I replaced mine with starboard, turned out great. I just had to put some anti-skid tape on it as starboard is very slippery when wet. A local plastic shop did the cut. Much cheaper, looks great.