Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2011 Sundeck 187 OB questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Pseudomind
    Pseudomind Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone have any idea how hard it might be to locate the tank and the pump and perhaps put in a tee connector and attach a cutoff vale, then running a piece of line to this cutoff valve so one could drain the tank quite easily without using the pump?

2011 Hurricane Sundeck 187 OB

2002 Sea Ray Sundancer 380

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might help with the NMEA 2000 "red vs blue" question.  This was posted in 2010.  Here's a link to the source if you want to read more:

http://www.boat-project.com/tutorials/nmea2000.htm

"Were not quite there yet, as manufacturers, for whatever reason, have tended to shy away from standardization in NMEA-2000. For instance, some of the first generation NMEA-2000 hardware used different (and incompatible) connectors, depending on the manufacturer. This is incredible, since a connector is defined in the standard. I believe it was an attempt by manufacturers to force their customers to remain with their brand. However, the manufacturers must realize that going down that path is unwise. This has been tried in the past in other industries, especially in the computer industry, and many of the manufacturers that did so are out of business.
    An example of the first generation incompatible connectors are the Lowrance "Blue" connectors, which will only connect to a Lowrance NMEA-2000 device. Fortunately, most manufacturers have seen fit to finally embrace the standard, and Lowrance's "Red" connectors are NMEA-2000 standardized, and will interconnect with any other vendor's NMEA-2000 connector."

I learned something too!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Pseudomind
    Options

Now I have learned something as well, perhaps you can answer this, on the outside of the transom about ten inches above and maybe 12 inches to the left above  the brass drain plug orifice, there is another brass drain looking opening about 3/4 inches inside diameter.  Is it some type of transducer? Anyone know what this is?

• Pseudomind
    Options
    Well I believe I have an answer this bronze/brass thing is over a foot long inside the hull and apparently it is connected to the bilge pumps  All I am use to seeing is plastic through hulls.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting, my bilge exits on the starboard side.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Barefootwilson
    Barefootwilson Member Posts: 5
    Options
    That is live well water intake, it it has a ridge in the INside.
  • Pseudomind
    Options
    You are both correct it is for the live well.  Bilge is on the starboard side.  I had to replace the seacock as the previous owner apparently never closed it and when I tried to close it the handle bent.  I put in a heavy duty model as the replacement and it is closed now