Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Transducer

Options
Suzook
Suzook Member Posts: 42
I was wondering which ducer is which in the picture

2005 GS 202 '06 Yamaha 150

2005 Tennessee Tandem Trailer

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe the one labeled "Airmar" is the Faria dash mounted depthfinder transducer.  That's what I have in my boat.  My Lowrance/Structure Scan transducers are mounted on my transom.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Suzook
    Options

OK then obviously the Lowrance ducer has become dislodged from its mount, thoughts on re-securing the little guy? Sorry, I'm a newbie and completely uninformed about marine ops but willing to learn.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, you can see the imprint of the shape of the base of the transducer on the epoxy it was originally set on.  You may try re-applying epoxy to the base of the unit and put it back in it's location.

Attached is a copy of the "Shoot-thru-the-Hull" transducer instructions that came with my HDS7 unit that might help.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Suzook
    Options
    Thanks again, I'm on it.

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have attached transducers to the hull bottom with an epoxy product called "MarineTex" (I think that's the spelling). Be sure to avoid air bubbles, the transducer can't "see" through them. When you mix the epoxy it tends to form air bubbles, use a heat gun to pop them while the epoxy is still liquid. Read all the stuff in cjjjdeck's post above.