Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

need help with year and model of this boat

Hello. I purchased this boat a few years back and never got the year and model. I need a throttle cable and need some help. Thanks! Can't figure out to upload a pic but any sites that have all the years of the hurricanes would be great. I believe it's a 1974 or so

Comments

• cantrellbmoney
    cantrellbmoney Member Posts: 5
    It had a 85 hp chystler engine
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    There's a Hurricane I haven't seen before!  Looks like it is still in decent shape!  Thanks for post the pic!

It would help if you were to send me the hull identification number (HIN) of the boat using a Personal Message.  I'll see what I can find out about the boat.

As far as the throttle cable goes, that will be associated with the engine and not with the boat itself.  Someone with Chrysler marine knowledge and parts would be the one to search for to help you with that.

The forum at the iboats.com website often yields some good info for older boats as well, you might want to try posting something there too.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    OK, as the thug said to Dirty Harry, "Ah got's to know!" That boat bears a strong resemblance from the midline up to my (1977?) model Deckboat "Deckette". Center console, rear side lockers, blunt rounded bow, but the hull bottom is a flat trihull like most modern Hurricanes. My old boat also had a Chrysler 75hp like the one pictured but the bottom was just a flattened vee. Did Deckboat sell out to Godfrey or something? Here's a pic of the '77 Deckboat (brand name)."h go
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we might have found out what the boat is.  Just got a copy of the 1974 catalog and it's in there.  It looks like it is called a Hurricane 16' Sport Decker in the Outboard version.  Unfortunately the catalog only shows the I/O version.  Another interesting tidbit from that time is that the original manufacturers of the Hurricane line was a company called H&H Molded Products out of Ashley Indiana.  I think that the picture that FlyingV5 posted certainly looks like the same hull design.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cantrellbmoney
    cantrellbmoney Member Posts: 5
  • francot
    francot Member Posts: 1
    anyone has old Hurricane Brochures showing these models ? If so, can you share ?