Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New SS 203 OB on its way from Factory - Need Hull Specs

dizneyman
dizneyman Member Posts: 11
Hopefully my new SS 203 OB will be on the truck this week on its way to Florida.  I will be keeping on my boat lift, and was wondering if anyone had the specifications for the hull so I can properly set my lift before the boat is delivered. 
Thank in advance for any assistance anyone is able to provide.  ...   and yes, I am excited!!!

Diz

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new Hurricane!  Make sure you post some pic on the "Love your Hurricane?  Then show it off....." thread when you get it!

Attached are the trailer specs that will give you the dimensions you need.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• dizneyman
    Thanks so much!!   My understanding is that the I need to be between the inner and outer chine.   Is center optimum, or does it not matter, as long as I am in between? 
    Again, thanks so much...   
    Diz
  • Outdoors15
    Outdoors15 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Dizneyman - Welcome to the club, you will love the new 203!  What features and motor did you end up going with?

Here is my lift layout for comparison.  The 203 is a big boat, once you load it up with fuel and fresh water I think I am pushing over 4000# .  Post some pictures of the new boat and setup once they arrive.

• dizneyman
    Nice setup you have there !!!    I put the Yamaha 150 on there, and have most options available ordered.  Hull is going to be full orange, with the black canvas.  I am replacing a 23 ft Cobia CC, so weight is not an issue as my lift is rated for 10k lbs.  Since the Cobia drew so much, and the Banana River in Cocoa Beach where I am, I had my boards about 27" apart so my lift did not hit bottom when I launched.  Your boards look to be inside the inner chine, unless I am fooled by the picture from the front.   
  • Outdoors15
    Outdoors15 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Yes mine are on the inner chines, I see Checkmate has his on the outer.  http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/4925#Comment_4925

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Yes mine are on the inner chines, I see Checkmate has his on the outer.  http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/4925#Comment_4925

Mine look like they are in the same spot as yours to me, I don't like the guides on mine, they are too flimsy and bend right over, I like the looks of yours, they look like they would work a lot better than mine.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    dizneyman said:
    Thanks so much!!   My understanding is that the I need to be between the inner and outer chine.   Is center optimum, or does it not matter, as long as I am in between? 
    Again, thanks so much...   
    Diz
    Hurricane states anywhere between the chines is good.  If it was a boat trailer I would recommend putting the bunks towards the out chines for better stability while trailering theboat.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• dizneyman
    Thanks all.  Heard today boat is at the dealer, will get the Engine installed, trolling motor installed, and it should be delivered next week..   Feeling excited now!!