Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2004 gs 170 takes on water

zach1123
zach1123 Member Posts: 4
the scupper seams to be below the water line and will take some water onto the hull is this by design ? Is there a remedy? Also I wanted to order dash pano controls any suggestions?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    My stern deck drains are also below the waterline.

It's always good to run water through your deck drains to make sure there is no debris (which often there is) in the line.  This way you can make sure nothing is holding the scupper plate/valve open all the time.  It's most effective when the boat is out of the water. 

Having said this, scupper plates/valves rarely 100% completely seal the drain from incoming water, so seeing some water in the drain or hose is not uncommon as long as it is not pouring in.

If you are talking about the switches on your dash panel and they are of a rotary design, then they should be made by Sierra Marine,

Here's a link to the rotary switch page of their on-line catalog so you can see if they are a match:

http://www.sierramarine.com/pdfcatalog/2014sierra/2014searchmain.html
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer