Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Replacement gasket for battery well cover

wbillnlizb
wbillnlizb Member Posts: 2
Trying to find replacement gasket material for my 2001 Hurricane Fun Deck 198 REF, so far no luck.  Can someone point me in the right direction please.  Bill

Comments

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    wbillnlizb, West Marine carries it and I have also seen it on a couple of the more popular marine supply sites i.e. Defender, etc. It is 1/8" X 3/4" self adhesive foam hatch seal tape. Clean the gelcoat with either acetone or alcohol really well. Did your battery compartment also have a plastic tub that fit inside the hatch?
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • HydroCanis
    HydroCanis Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    On the model I have, the tub has a drain in one corner. Depending on which way you put the tub in, the drain drips on the batteries or past them down into the bilge. It also has a little plastic piece in the drain hole which could conceivable have a tube pushed onto it (maybe it came that way, I don't know) to carry water past the battery shelf into the bilge.
    David
    2003 Sundeck 217 OB, Yamaha 150 2 Stroke
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." - Number 6

• DavidPJ
    DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    I replaced the foam gasket on my '99 and I bought the foam from a RV parts dealer. They sold it by the foot rather than small precut packages so it was very economical.
    1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Good post and reminder DavidPJ!

Sometimes I forget that RV's and boats share a good number of systems and parts, and usually the RV price is cheaper!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer