Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

No Power to dash on battery one or two but power with both

Power to dash when battery selector switch is on both but no power on dash when only one or two is selected.  I have a 2005 GS202.  Battery 2 is charging (only)7.5volts other is 12.5 volts. I did have the 4amp fuse blown at the battery and the 30 amp fuses are good.  Is there a a device at the switch that could be bad?

Comments

• M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

Its hard to say because with your battery voltage so low, that alone could cause what you describe. Once both batteries are fully charged, meaning around 13V at each, then see of its the same.  If so, I'd guess that someone mis-wired the battery switch.

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Sounds like you have one bad battery.  A fully charged healthy battery should read around 12.7 volts at 100% charge.  12.5 volts indicates a 90% charge.  Anything below 12.0 volts is less than 50% charged.  7.5 volts would indicate one or more bad cells.

There are different wiring possibilities, depending on what type of switch and setup you have on your boat.  I'd suspect your switch is wired wrong or you have a bad switch in addition to the bad battery, or possibly both batteries are going bad.

First step would be to load test both batteries and go from there.
    Post edited by Ernest_T on
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner