Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Leak in live well

BigDaddyNJ
BigDaddyNJ Member Posts: 7

2009 FS226 

I have a leak in the drain hose to the livewell somewhere under the deck. I have sealed the transome at the drain, and don't ude the livewell.

My question is; if I take out the livewell box and disconnect the hose, how do I access the clamp on the discharge port in the transome to pull a new hose through the bottom of the boat? Do you have a schematic of under the deck to see where wire and or hose chases run? Are there bulkheads in the way?. Thanks for any info you have for this problem. BTW love the boat............

Comments

• jbecker
    jbecker Member Posts: 1

Did anyone ever respond to this?  I have the same problem and my hose is leaking bad.

• Art226
    Art226 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem...bad leak in hose out of sight under the deck...dock ropes saved me and kept boat off the bottom of lake.
  • DavidPJ
    DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Same problem with my '99. I closed the valve at the stern. Never needed to use the live well. 
    1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Only way I know to replace is to attach the new hose to the old and pull it through.  If you don't have access to the transom connections for inlet and outlet, then you'll have to cut a hole to gain access and install a deck plate.  Not fun anyway you look at it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• fishhunter
    fishhunter Member Posts: 4
    I replaced my plumbing to my live well just like cjjjdeck suggested. I just taped the new pipes to the old ones and used the old ones to pull in the new, it wasn't to much trouble was able to complete the job by myself but a second set of hands feeding them in would of made it much easier. As you pull them in they should pull right in to the existing supports so if one seems stuck just pull back a foot or so and try again. Good luck. 
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome fishhunter!  Thanks for the update and go catch some fish!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer