Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

HULL crack

tdbell2
tdbell2 Member Posts: 2
My 2006 SD195OB with 156 hrs on it has 12 inch crack in the hull . It is located on the bottom  near the front under the ski storage. THERE is no sign of any collision. The rest of the hull looks new. I had a Boston Whaler for ten years and it was built like a tank. I never dreamed that a manufacture would build an expensive boat like this and be so inferior. I noticed  a drip coming from under the boat while on the trailer. When the boat was built they had to skimp on fiberglass and resin. A BOAT HULL SHOULD LAST THE LIFE OF THE BOAT UNLESS IT WAS DAMAGED. A boat history report says the boat has a clean history. Has anyone else had any problems with their hull ?

Comments

• maxbird
    maxbird Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    I have a 2007 SD195  bought new and the hull is pristine.  Only blemish is a few spider cracks in the gelcoat around one cup holder.   Been through rough pounding water and hit the dock pretty hard a few times when it was new and hull is built tough.  Hurricane has a 10 year hull warranty, but only for the original purchaser.  You might bring it to the dealer and see what they say.
  • jbodollo
    jbodollo Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Feel your pain. I found this a few days ago when I was washing my  2013, SD187.
    I thought it was a scratch but no it was a huge crack!!  I haven't hit anything and I cant see any sign of impact. I only have about 80 or so hours on this boat. I'm always real carefull when docking and trailering . Called Hurricane and they told me to get with my dealer to start the warranty  paperwork. Sent the photos and wating to hear back. I hope Hurricane will hold up there end of the bargain!!
  • jgarner
    jgarner Member Posts: 1
    I know this is an old thread but any chance you can tell me what Hurricane said about this? My crack isn't that bad but my boat is only 3 years old and I had a 3 foot hairline crack and boat pox and my fiberglass guy wouldn't even attempt to reach out to Hurricane about it. Still think it should be covered.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, you have to bring the boat to a Hurricane Dealer to get an evaluation and determination.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer