Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Wiring diagram and owners manual 2004 gs 170

zach1123
zach1123 Member Posts: 4
any help finding a wiring diagram and owners manual.
i was having intermittant electrical failures on all switch panel controled electronics bilge, nav lights, accessory courtesy light. Now all have failed.  

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I should be able to get you the wiring diagrams for your boat and the Owners Manual.  I am sending you a Personal Message regarding it.  Look for a red number "1" next to the globe and envelope icons next to your Avatar in the upper left corner of the screen.  Click on the envelope, then click on my message to read it.

When the helm switches are all dead (including Master Power switch), the most often stated problem location is the main relay or fuse located near the battery.  It is usually in a waterproof holder of some kind (although sometimes the waterproof holder isn't always waterproof).  As long as you already tried resetting the breakers at the helm station, I would look there next.

The fuse holder may look similar to this:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• zach1123
    zach1123 Member Posts: 4
    Where are the breakers at the helm and what do they look like? My starter works but all other switch electronics do not, I replaced all the switches as they were old and corroded anyway but that did not remedy the problem
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I just looked at a picture of what the helm looks like on your model boat.  Most Hurricane models have a panel somewhere on the surface of the helm station that displays the circuit breakers or fuses (I'm not sure which your boat has).  I see your model doesn't have it located there.  My guess is that it its located inside the helm station.  You can probably see and access it through the door on the side.  You might have a blown fuse or popped circuit breaker on that panel.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Kefton
    Kefton Member Posts: 1
    Hey cjjjdeck,

I've 2008 170, any chance of getting wiring diagram/manuals for the same or something close. 
    thanks

k