Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Black mold Spores

CaptRex
CaptRex Member Posts: 1
I have a 2011 Fundeck and having trouble with mold on the seats. I have these tiny  black specs on the white vinyl and I have tried everything I can think of to remove them with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• rdcastle
    rdcastle Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Did you read the owners manual? My 2001 didnt have have one and until I downloaded the manual I was cleaning my vinyl with the wrong stuff so be careful what you put on it.
    Rob Castle
    2001 Hurricane GS201 FD
    Yamaha 150 V6 2 Stroke, Oil Injection
  • bshippjr
    bshippjr Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    I don't have the mold issue, but I have read on other forums where folks use MagicEraser on various stains.  Also, I have used Vinylex on car vinyl with good results. 

At any rate when you get it clean, definitely use 303 Protectant on your vinyl.  303 also makes a cleaner you might try.  I have always used 303 on the boat vinyl and have never had any issues.  In the spring after having a full cover on the boat in a slip in the marina, I do have some mildew on the top of the backs of the seats, but when I use the 303 Protectant, it comes right off.  It also has UV protection.  I also recommend the 303 Fabric Guard on the bimini and boat cover.
    2000 Hurricane SD 217 OB
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

+1 on the 303 Cleaner & Protectant!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer