Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2012 Hurricane 217SD Accessory switches

cbouchard
cbouchard Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Just bought this boat and am having trouble trying to figure out what the two accessory switches are for all the way to the right of the helm.  
Also the dash lights, horn and nav lights do not work…..can't find anything wrong except that the switch seems to be dead as there is no tell tale light on.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Welcome to the Owners Forum!

I believe the SD217 & SD237 share the same dash panel if it looks like this:

As you can see, I only have one "ACC" switch on my dash.  The "ACC" switch can be used for anything that the owner or dealer wanted to optionally install.  My "ACC" switch is wired to operate the Structure-Scan on my Lowrance fish finder.

The white round buttons located under the switches are the circuit breakers for the switch/circuit directly above it.  If there is no power to any of your switches, push the circuit breaker reset button to see if it got tripped.  Dash lights usually come on when you turn on your Nav Lights.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• cbouchard
    Thanks, my stereo switch is on the left of the wheel leaving space for two accessory 
    switches….I will continue to chase down the reason why the nav. lights do not work..I did notice that the white button was out and when I tried to push it back, it was not very smooth.  Boat is a 2012 but never used might have picked up some corrosion..think I will spray some anti corrosion stuff around and see what happens.  
  • cbouchard
    Now I have another question…..right next to the hour meter on the tack is a icon in the shape of a rectangle….does anyone have any idea what this means…it keeps blinking.  I have the exact set of instruments as shown in the above post.  I have a yamaha outboard for power.  .  Thanks, Cliff
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Cliff, you may have to replace that circuit breaker it it doesn't push in smooth.  You may want to check the circuit breakers on the other switches as well.  They may be your culprit.

That rectangle shape is actually an "hour glass" icon, and when its flashing it is showing you that it is recording time.  It took me a while to figure that one out too!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer