Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Minn Kota 112 thrust

Options
powerhouse
powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
Finally got the new trolling motor for my 196FD.  I'll have to do a little work like raise the front gate door about 2", remove the fixed mount from the previous owner's trolling motor and run wires from bow around bait well and into large hatch where I will place the batteries and charger.  I'll post pictures of progress.
2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait to see how it come out!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• powerhouse
    Options
    Installed the trolling motor, but could only get the rear 4 bolts installed because the front 2 holes are basically off the deck.  I installed the rubber bushings between the mount and deck.  I noticed when moving the lower part of trolling motor shaft, that the deck right at/around the mount bolts moves or gives a little around 1/8-1/4. 

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is it normal?
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115
  • powerhouse
    Options
    Ran wires for trolling motor this morning.  Removed bait well in order to secure wires, glad I did because the drain from the bait well pretty much just lays along the center stringer.  So at least I can secure it where possible.  Also the drain hose needs to be a little longer so i'm going to get a barbed union and more hose.

I used 6ga wire from the trolling motor receptacle to circuit breaker (approx 7'), breaker to batteries and 4ga for jumper wires.  I went ahead and installed battery trays even though I don't have batteries yet, but I will be picking up 3 Duracell AGM deep cycle batteries as soon as I can make it to Sam's Club. 
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115