Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Just had SeaDek installed on my 2015 SD 2400 OB

Drexx3
Drexx3 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
Just had SeaDeck installed last week and I think it turned out great. I went with the mocha over black faux teak in the cockpit and on the swim platform, and a trim line style on the front deck. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Sundeck 2400 OB w/Yamaha F250

Comments

• bigbuka1
    bigbuka1 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    If you don't mind. How much did that run you. I have a sd2000and would love to replace the  carpet with seadek. 
    2012 Hurricane SD2000
  • Drexx3
    Hi @bigbuka1

I paid just over $2100 including install and tax. There were options to reduce the cost like installing it myself or going with the solid w/trim line pattern in the cockpit as well but I really like how the faux teak looks so I decided to go that route. I was budgeting $2500 so it came in less than I had planned and I'm be pleased with the results. Looks better in person than in the photos and feels great under foot. 
  • M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Nice. Really nice! I didn't go with carpets when I ordered my 2016 2200 DC OB because I didn't want to bother with always removing and replacing them for cleaning. But that SeaDeck material looks great. Do you have a link to where you had that done?  Did you also put it in the Head floor?  I found that with nothing there, it is hard to judge where the floor is.
  • bigbuka1
    Looks rediculous 
    2012 Hurricane SD2000
  • Drexx3
    @M99 - Thanks! I already had the flexi-teak flooring in the head from the factory. The SeaDek has slightly wider planks but otherwise looks almost identical from standing view. Mine also already had the bamboo snap-in flooring and it is really nice but I only used it once for the same reasons you didn't get it yourself.

There was another post on this site with the subject "SeaDek" and where someone referred to an install by a company called Castaway Customs out of Rockledge, FL. Their website is www.castawaycustoms.com and I worked with Tyler & Clint. Turnaround from digital measurement to install was about a week.

• M99
    M99 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    After I posted yesterday, I looked up the company and found they have a couple companies that do installs located near the marina I keep my boat in, so I'll contact them. I have the same upholstery that you do so the same colors would work well for me. One thing I hadn't thought of yet was how do you clean that flooring and does it mark easily from shoes?  I don't always put on boat shoes before going out.
  • Drexx3
    edited December 2015
    It is too new for me to be able to answer those questions. I'm usually barefoot on my boat. The FAQ says "SeaDek cleans easily with soap, hot water and a stiff brush. A number of household products can be used such as SoftScrub, Simple Green, 409, bleach, etc. Please do not use an acid base cleaner such as MaryKate's Hull Cleaner." Regarding stains "If attended to promptly in most cases you should be OK. Fuel stabilizers, bird droppings, rust, and mustard are known to stain if not attended to in a timely manner."
  • bigbuka1
    Thinking about buying the sheet material and cutting it myself. Does anyone have any info on that?
    2012 Hurricane SD2000