Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat cover

dickr49
dickr49 Member Posts: 1
I own a 2008 GS211 center console. Looking for a boat cover. Any suggestions?

Comments

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    I also have a GS. As for cover, really depends on budget; custom, chase factory cover etc.  I struggled to find one that fit well; ordered and returned 4 that were all guaranteed to fit.  Finally came to me to try a pontoon cover.  Works great.  I use a PVC pipe over the table leg in the back and PVC pipe attached to cooler in front to hold cover up and ensure there is plenty of slope to keep water from pooling.  Works great and although not custom looks plenty good on boat while parked.  I do tow with it on, but only very short distances at very slow speeds. If going this route, I suggest buying a cheap one until you decide it is right for you and meets your needs. Once that is done, you can order same size in better material.       
  • Suzook
    Suzook Member Posts: 42
    I'm looking at doing the same thing, if you don't mind me asking what cover did you choose, and do you have any pics of your setup with the PVC?

2005 GS 202 '06 Yamaha 150

2005 Tennessee Tandem Trailer

• BWH
    BWH Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    I'll check to see if the name is still on the cover and try to get some pics of PVC. PVC rig is very simple. In the back, I have large PVC that fits down over table shaft. In the front, I have a cooler that sits in floor with rod holders on it. I strap it in for stability. I put the PVC in a rod holder on the side of the cooler.  I think the back pole is about 6.5 ft and front is near 5.  Each is wrapped on top (use whatever you choose) so that the PVC doesn't tear/grab the cover. If you don't have the table leg, you could easily use another cooler.        
  • Suzook
    Suzook Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for the reply. I have to admit I like the simplicity of the PVC rigging and look forward to the pics.

2005 GS 202 '06 Yamaha 150

2005 Tennessee Tandem Trailer