Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Owner's Manuals & Elec. Schematics

PIRANA JOE
PIRANA JOE Member Posts: 7
When will Owner's manuals be available?  I need the electrical schematic for the helm of my 2005 SunDeck (SD237).  Someone tried, unsuccessfully, to hot wire my boats and several wires were disconnected.  I need to know how to reconnect the two relay modules. I cannot bring to dealer because the boat is on a lift and cannot be started until wiring is re-connected. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The Owner's manual that I received with my 2012 SD237 was nothing more than general Maintenance and Safety recommendations and was not specific to my boat model.  The Mercury/Mercruiser Owners Manual than came with the engine/drive system that was installed was very good with information.

I would strongly recommend you find the Hurricane Dealer closest to you and make friends, especially if you need to order replacement parts unique to the boat.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Ernest_T
    Ernest_T Member, Moderator Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    The Hurricane Owners manual is available for download from this site. It is generic for all their boats, and will be totally worthless for what you are looking for. What you probably need is the rigging guide for whatever motor you have. It will have much more detail about electrical connections to the relays and gauges. I know many of the Yamaha outboard rigging manuals are available for download online. Don't know about other outboard or I/O engines.
    2010 Hurricane 2100 (217) Sun Deck
    2008 Yamaha F150 TXR Outboard
    2008 Yamaha FX **** Cruiser Waverunner
  • donmat
    donmat Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    FYI I just sent an e mail to Terri Gipson who is the Customer service manager for hurricane and suggested they put the electrical schematic on this website and include it in the manuals for new boats. She said she passed it on to the sales people ??? (I didn't understand since she is the Cusomer service rep.)

We'll see how much they really do care about the customer after the sale. This should be a fairly easy and inexpensive thing to do since they must have the schematics to build the boats (At least I certainly hope so !!

Don Mattice
  • jblass
    jblass Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a used 2006 FD218RE from a private party.  The person I bought it from could not find the owners manual.  Anyone know how I can get an owners manual for a 2006 FD218RE?
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    @donmat... we're working on getting things like wiring diagrams loaded on the website when it relaunches at the end of this year. In the meantime, Terri can email that info to you. 

@jblass ... just shoot me an email to thecaptsteve@mail.com and I'll send you a PDF of the owner's manual. 
  • Solly
    Solly Member Posts: 2

I need a manual for a 2012 Sundeck 220 OB to understand the helm switches, trim gauge, live well, running lights, etc.

Help 

• kamakazi98
    kamakazi98 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone received the owners manual after posting on here?  I have a 2005 217SD and would like to find out what the helm switches do as well.  Thanks 
  • DemanNo1
    DemanNo1 Member Posts: 2
    I also would like to know what the switches on my 2014 do, as in what has to be on/off to crank my ob.  There is a master switch, does this have to be on before anything else will operate??
    HELP
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    DemanNo1 said:
    I also would like to know what the switches on my 2014 do, as in what has to be on/off to crank my ob.  There is a master switch, does this have to be on before anything else will operate??
    HELP
    None of these switches, including the Master Power switch need to be on to operate your engine.  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • skiwater9
    skiwater9 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hi,    Does anyone have an address or e-mail for a customer service / Quality Manager at Hurricane Boats?    I have had so many quality issues with my boat, I really need to contact someone in writing.

Thank you