Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

ski pylon

Options
Eagle1
Eagle1 Member Posts: 1
  • I have a 2007 Sun Deck running a 225 yamaha.  Last week we were tubing and the pylon sheered off at the base where it attaches to the boat.   The pylon does not have arms on it. The base has a smaller diameter pole that fits inside of a little larger diameter pole and a screw that runs through both of poles .  I have been trying to find one like the one that broke (it was on the boat when I bought it) but am not having any luck.    Anyone out there using a pylon similar to this type?   If so Please let me know where I can find this type.  I've look at Overtons, West Marine, ect. and am not seeing this type.  
  • Thanks

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check with your local Hurricane or other boat dealership.  These are fairly standard on many boats.

Also, as an FYI.... the ski pylon has a small sticker (which wears off) indicating that the ski pylon is NOT for use for tubing and tubes/towables should be connected to a Y harness and attached to the transom hooks.   Towables place 1000s of lbs of drag on the ski pylon, unlike a skier would and will result in fatigue, failure and possible injury.

Sorry I can't help you find a new pylon but any dealer should be able to (particularly Hurricane as the pylon is fairly standard on most models) but upon replacement, please consider rigging your towables off the transom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer