Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Battery Wire

My 2005 FD226CC is prewired for a trolling motor.  Anyone know the wire gauge utilized in 2005?  Also, the positive wires are equipped with inline fuse holders.  My problem, I do not have the wire ends which have the battery connectors.  Any idea the manufacturer for this particular inline fuse holder or where I might be able to purchase those connectors, wire ends?

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 8
    I have answered by own question regarding the wire gauge, it is 8 gauge.  This is unfortunate as this size boat really need an 80 lb. thrust trolling motor which specs 6 gauge wire.
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on your length, what I did to run trolling motor wire for mine is head to Walmart.  Bought 4 Gauge booster cables.  Removed the clamps.  Then I had one length of cable to run (color coded for ground/positive).  Much less expensive and easier to run.  And having heavier is better than lighter gauge (you could also just run the same with 6 gauge)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer