Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Dash Panels

mweddle942
mweddle942 Member Posts: 7
Anyone know where I can get replacment dash panels for a 2001 SD 237 I/O. Mine are cracked and spilt.

Comments

• JERRYC446
    JERRYC446 Member Posts: 7
    I also need to replace my dash panel on 217.  Any luck in your search?

J
  • Chrisd96
    Chrisd96 Member Posts: 3
    same here on a 2006 202 fundeck
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Sounds like an opportunity. Shall we use engine turned stainless, color anodized aluminum or carbon fiber? Or maybe faux ostrich hide? Let's see pictures of those custom dash panels soon!

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    I like the way you think, FlyingV5!

• NoFire
    NoFire Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an '02 217 SunDeck and also need dash panels.  There has to be someone that can get these things, or makes an aftermarket part.  I have looked all over the internet with no luck.  Does anyone have any recommendations, even if it's someone that would manufacture one?
  • Capt_Steve
    NoFire...just shoot an email to Jennifer in Hurricane Parts...she should be able to help (jstrukel@nauticglobalgroup.com)
  • NoFire
    NoFire Member Posts: 3
    Capt_Steve,

Thanks for the lead, but unfortunately they weren't much help.  She sent over what they had for part numbers, but after literally hours of looking online, still no luck,  There has to be someone/somebody out there that has these, or has aftermarket that would fit, something?  
  • Capt_Steve
    Hmmm...time to head up the ladder. Stay tuned.
  • Capt_Steve
    Hey guys...it's starting to look like Flying V was on to something. Custom might be the only option. These dash panels were manufactured by Uniforce, and they are no longer available. Even checking with factoryboatparts.com didn't find anything.
  • rgforrester
    rgforrester Member Posts: 7
    My 2001 GS 201 had a dull and cracked dash. After failing to find a replacement, I decided to repair it. I took it off, used epoxy to fill the cracks, primed it and spray painted it a medium gloss brown to simulate the original color.  I used an outdoor furniture spray paint from Rustoleum.  After reinstalling it, it looks amazing.  Cost... $20.

It has been two summers since I did that. My boat is used on salt water down in the Florida Keys.  The sun is brutal, but it still looks great after a year.
    2001 GS201 Yamaha 115 OB (4 stroke)
  • wilcor
    wilcor Member Posts: 1
    I made a new dash out of mahogany. I traced the old dash onto the panel I made cut it out sanded it down to 3/16. rounded off the edges with a router. I installed my new depth finder in the center and new yamaha gauges matched to my new 200hp yamaha. looked great until I fiberglassed the back to keep it from splitting. The fiberglass caused it to bend. So I have to make another. The new one will not be fiberglassed.

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Post some pics when you have it done!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I have had a local plastic fabricator make replacement panels for several of my Hurricane Sun Decks. He just made two sets for me. One for me and another for a SD237 owner who I believe is on this forum. The fabricator has several templates for Hurricane dashes. I will post pictures in a separate posting of the templates used, the finished producy and the bronze finish.
    Post edited by callforbids on
  • Todd
    Todd Member Posts: 2

I am new to the discussion group and own a 2002 232GS with a cracked dash.  Also several of the instruments seem on the way out or already stopped working.  Please send me contact info on Fabricator.  I'm in Naples.  Thanks

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thread that will give you all the info you need:

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1749/replacement-helm-dash-panels#latest
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer