Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Hatch for 2004 Fundeck GS 202

johnstafford
johnstafford Member Posts: 1
I just put my foot thru the cargo hatch on main deck near the captain’s chair. Where can I find a replacement?  Thank you. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane keeps boat parts available for boats up to 10 years old, so the chances of you finding an OEM replacement is very slim.  Often Great Lakes Skipper buys old inventory and offers what they have available on their website (always remember to search under both "Hurricane" and Godfrey" names).

There is some good news here.  Some of the ski locker/hatch doors were not always made of the best materials on these boats.  I would strongly recommend replacing it with a new door made from King Starboard material.  It is a marine-grade high-density polyethylene material and comes in sheets with various thicknesses and colors available.  Yes, it can be a bit pricey, but this is the best marine grade material on the market and the door will last longer than your hull  (if mine broke, this is exactly what I personally would do).  If you're a bit handy and have the right tools (wood working tools), you could make it yourself.

If you're not comfortable making it yourself, Boat Outfitters will fabricate a new hatch door for you using this material.  There may be others out there as well.  Here's their website if you want to check them out: www.boatoutfitters.com

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer