Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Livewell issues

ericbadorrek
ericbadorrek Member Posts: 10
I have a 2017 deck boat and used the livewell twice. Second time I used it on the way home noticed my bilge kept kicking on and when I got back to my dock went to get the fish out of the livewell and noticed it had dropped.  Was cracked and leaking.  Nothing was under the livewell to support it and only had one fish in the livewell.  Does anyone have any ideas how to fix other than taking back to dealer?  I was told it was not covered under warranty but seems it was poorly made. Thanks.  

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Those wells are usually supported around the top edge of the deck opening, basically dropped in and secured in place.  Without being able to see what you're talking about, it sounds like you need to replace the "tank".  The dealer may already have experience at replacing an item like this, might be worth asking.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• ericbadorrek
    there was no support under the livewell --only support was the screws through the deck..other boats I have owned have a block under the livewell to provide support.  Just for the plastic tank alone they want close to $300 without the labor to install and do not know if they would install correctly.
  • ericbadorrek
    I purchased a new livewell from the dealer and seems no one know how to install.  Seems the new livewell that was sent to me requires different fittings than the original.  I gave the dealer my hull number when I ordered it.  Mechanic has had the boat since december and does not know how to install.  My livewell is through the floor is anyone knows how this can be done.  I tried calling manufacturer up but does not seem like they have any support there that can help.