Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Trying to remove the captains and co-captains seat.

jefitz45
jefitz45 Member Posts: 7
Just Purchased a used 2013 2400 SunDeck.  Trying to remove the captain's and co-captain's chair.  Not having any luck.  Don't know if a corrosion problem or poor technique.  Advise would be appreciated.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, are you trying to remove just the seat from the pedestal or remove the entire seat/pedestal from the deck?
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• jefitz45
    I was trying to remove the seat from the pedestal.  Finally got the co-captains chair off after wiggling it back and forth many times.  So far the captains chair is not cooperating.  Didn't know if there were any tricks.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Due to the Captain's seat having up/down adjustment (co-captain's seat usually/often do not), there may be some hardware preventing the top seat mechanism from just coming off the pedestal like the co-captain's seat did.  You may have to remove the chair from the mount.  You may have to move the seat fully forward to access/remove the back mounting hardware, then move it backward to access/remove the front.
    Here's a picture of the top of an adjustable pedestal, from Veada, so you see what I mean:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• jefitz45
    Thanks.  I will give it a try.
  • jasongreenfl
    jasongreenfl Member Posts: 5
    Do you want to sell the chairs? I need one but could take both thanks