Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water coming in from instrument cluster panel

Options
gpcarroll
gpcarroll Member Posts: 5
edited May 2020 in General Discussions
I just purchased a used 2013 Sun Deck Sport 188. On a recent outing, we noticed water coming out of the instrument panel (speedometer). Took the attached picture (have a video as well) of the water coming in.  Any idea on what this could be from?  The red circle shows the water pouring down from the instrument panel area. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) If you have a cup holder mounted on your helm, make sure you have a drainage tube installed to drain into the bilge, if you do have a drainage tube, make sure it hasn't become disconnected.

2) If that water pouring in is coming in constantly, especially while under way, check the pitot tube located on the back of your speedometer.  If it has become disconnected, water will come up behind the dashboard. 
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• gpcarroll
    gpcarroll Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Found that the tube was disconnected from the speedometer so I reattached it and tightened it with a zip tie to hold it place.  Hoping that does the trick.  Thanks @cjjjdeck for the reply. 
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Perfect!

• cjjjdeck
    Options
    And thanks for posting a picture!