Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fuel sending unit & fuse panel identification

TomG
TomG Member Posts: 11
I just purchased a 2008 Fun Deck GS 202 and the fuel gauge isn't working. I suspect it is the sending unit but I haven't been able to find the access cover. Can someone lead me in the right direction? Also, the fuse panel has one labeled CT LT and I can't figure out what that means so need help with that as well. Thanks

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's some postings that may help you.

The CT/LT designates your Courtesy and Interior lighting.

Here's a couple of diagrams that shows you where the access plate should be for the fuel sending unit.

This is the best picture I could find of the deck area that has the access plate on a 2008 FD 202

Also, here is a wiring diagram of a Faria fuel gauge.  I also attached a Faria Gauge Troubleshooting Chart:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• TomG
    Thanks for the ID on the fuse panel. I opened the deck plate behind the helmsman chair as shown in your sketch but only saw 2 rubber hoses connecting to the tank. I didn't see or feel any wires and that is the only inspection plate in the back of the boat.  ???????
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the tank access plate.  Just not in a perfect position,  did I ever mention the it helps to be a contortionist to work on boats?

Below is the best picture I have of a fuel tank fully outfitted before they attach the upper hull section.  It is a picture of a Hurricane boat, I just don't know what year or model it was.  You can see the two hoses you mention on the left edge of the picture, the sender is off to the side:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• TomG
    Thanks & I'll look again. I've purchased a new gauge since the one that doesn't work has a fogged lens anyway & it is supposed to be here today. Hopefully, that will solve the fuel reading issue.
  • TomG
    I found the sending unit. It is accessed thru the hatch cover at the rear center of the boat where the bilge pump is. I hope it doesn't have to be replaced because it is a reach for me and the telescoping ski pole receiver is on top of part of it. Wish me luck. LOL