Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2002 GS188 Hurricane Fun Deck. Under rear seat drain always under water

wearband
wearband Member Posts: 5
Can I plug back seat drain that’s always under water?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You can, but there is often a channel along the top edge of the seat cushion support that runs along where the seat back and seat bottom cushions meet.  Somewhere along that channel is a drainage hole that drains into the storage locker.  That water then drains out the storage locker drain hole.  Your solution may create the opportunity for water to accumulate in the storage locker.

Did you ever determine why the drainage hole on the storage locker is under water?  Just curious if other 2002 GS188 owners are experiencing the same situation.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• wearband
    I put a rubber wing nut plug in drain coming out of back of boat (below water line) and removed hose from storage compartment to plugged drain. So any water drains down to bottom to bilge pump. Do you see any problem worth doing that? It just doesn’t make sense to me to have a drain under water.
    Thanks for your feed back !!!!!
  • wearband
    No, I have no idea why drain underwater. Unless 130 hp Honda motor  not original motor and possibly to heavy..
  • cjjjdeck
    If I understand you correctly, the drain outlet fitting that runs to the storage locker drain fitting on the outer hull is under the water line, not the drain hole located on the storage locker.  This situation makes more sense.

My hull and storage compartment drains that are in the rear of my boat go to drain outlets located on both sides of the rear of the boat.  Those drains are positioned "under" the waterline of the boat and function properly as the deck and storage compartment drains are well above the waterline.  Unless you are getting water into the interior of the boat (which would mean a clogged drain line), you should leave it the way it was designed to function.

Your boat was rated for a maximum horsepower of 200 HP, so the 130 HP Honda should be fine.

• wearband
    Will water drain out of hull drain if drain under water line? Thanks 
  • cjjjdeck
    Yes, it does on my boat.  If there is a lot of water, like when I am washing down the deck, it drains a bit slow but it does drain.

• wearband