Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New 2021 196 FD takes on Water!

Options
dferdig25
dferdig25 Member Posts: 1
My new 2021 Fun Deck takes on water each time I put it in the water. I have removed the lower motor mount bolts which were not sealed at all. Filled them with Marine Silicone and reinstalled the bolts. This appears to have slowed the problem but not stopped it. There are two access covers on the flat portion of the transom. Are these water tight? Any other items to check?

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe those hatches are gasketed, but even with the gasket they may not be completely water tight.  There are other sources that can drain water into the bilge area.  Seat and drink holder drains usually go into the bilge.  Condensation also contributes.  It all depends on how much water over what period of time.  You will never have a dry bilge.

The deck drains go out fittings in the hull.  You should have your dealer check them to make sure they are not leaking since the boat is new and under warranty.  
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer