Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

CenterConsole vs Traditional Setup

Saw a brand spanking new Off Shore model yesterday at local boat up bar (Naples, FL) and the CenterConsole setup really peaked my interest.  I am curious on your thoughts on CenterConsole vs  traditional side setup?  Good/Bad Ugly?
Me: 25yrs experience with 24' pontoon, retired to Florida and will be doing a lot of Grandkids, Sandbar, Boat Bar which has sold me on the Hurricane, probably 22-24'.   I get the design lends itself more to fishing, which I will do, however, 75% of the time, its a family barge.
Yamaha 200-250 on the back for Power - for some reason the CenterConsole has me really curious especially since I don't see a lot of them vs traditional setups.
Thanks in Advance & Be Safe.

Answers

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    The Hurricane Center Console models are certainly unique.  They are the only designs I have ever found that are successful in blending pleasure boat activity with sport fishing.  The only potential downside is that the boat utilizes the lowest deadrise hull at 12.5 degrees, so it is designed for use on calmer waters of rivers, lakes and bays.  The shorter length models will feel the chop more than the longer ones.  However, the advantage of the lower deadrise number allows the boat to jump up on plane quickly (especially great for water sports), stay on plane at lower cruising speeds and will give you a shallow draft.  Most owners of these models are very satisfied with their purchase decision.  

Hopefully some center console owners will offer additional comments!

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• MyDogCantSing
    MyDogCantSing Member Posts: 2
    Thank You and great info.