Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2002 Fun deck GS 201

Options
Best online dealers for parts?  2002 Fun deck GS 201

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boat manufacturers don't actually manufacture very much except the hull, upper deck, upholstery and trim.  Most of the rest of the boat is made up of vendor supplied parts, many of them used by other boat manufacturers and often available off the shelf direct from marine suppliers or online marine suppliers like West Marine, iBoats, Overton's, Defender etc. Great Lakes Skipper also buys up obsolete inventory from boat manufacturers and can be a source as well.  The challenge is trying to identify the parts in question.  That's where the forum comes in handy to help discover who made the part and where to get it.

Hurricane keeps parts on boats going back about 8 years and works strictly through their dealer network regarding parts.  As with any dealer based business, there are good eggs and bad eggs.  I happen to have an exceptional dealer that I bought my boat from and have been more than satisfied with the service and parts requests.  If you don't have a Hurricane dealer that you bought the boat from, then it probably is worth your while to shop the dealers in your area and see who the winners are.  Use the Dealer Finder search field in the upper right of this webpage.  We often can obtain the Hurricane part number on something you're looking for, if that helps.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• FWILSON9023
    FWILSON9023 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I am new at this as you can tell and this is very helpful information. I am looking for the replacement dash panel and windshield for my 2002 201 gs. I have searched with no luck on finding part numbers.  
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first thing you should do is go on Great Lakes Skipper's website:  https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/boat-parts/boat-consoles-panels
    Refine your search to look at Hurricane, Godfrey and Rinker as some of the console panels (and other parts) were shared between these three lines.  Look to see if any of their panel offerings match yours. 
    If no luck there, you may get lucky on something like eBay or more than likely will have to have a panel fabricated from a fabricator set up to do this kind of work.  Hurricane owners have reported success with a couple of panel fabricators.  Here's their contact info:

AD&D Plastics Corp
    901 NE 27th Lane Ste 1
    Cape Coral FL 33909
    Phone: 239-772-9515
    Owner: Joe Manilla

FP Marine
    255 Barnes Blvd. Rockledge, FL 32955
    Phone: 321-639-2951
    Ben Marx- Parts Manager
    https://www.fpmarine.com/category-s/5607.htm

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer