Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Boat cover

Options
Lakeboss
Lakeboss Member Posts: 2
I have a relatively new boat cover and it has a huge issue of leaving small black cover particles all over the boat when I open in up after a couple weeks.  What can I treat it with to prevent this.  Kind of a pain having to clean it up all the time.  Thanks! 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting some oxidation residue from your cover.  Black often displays this effect earliest just due to the heat retention characteristics of the color. 

When I bought my boat (2011), my dealer and I had a discussion on the maintenance of the covers.  He recommended at the beginning of each season to wash and scrub the cover with a soft bristle brush and let dry.  Then apply 303 Products Fabric Guard.  It was the the best product he has experienced with keeping covers from oxidizing too soon.  Last year was the first time I started getting some blue particles from my playpen covers. 

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• Lakeboss
    Lakeboss Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome, thank you for the advice!! 
  • RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    Options
    MaryKate is a brand I’m using to clean different parts of my boat. Since it is created as a heavy-duty biodegradable formula, it cleans dirt, stains, grease, chalking, or grime quickly, from mild to severe. It is also safe to use in any location, indoors or outdoors. However, I still advise you to use protective equipment when using this cleaner to avoid eye and skin irritations. My boat deck looks brand new after cleaning it with this product. It is not only spotless, but its color is noticeably brighter and more appealing. My neighbor thought that I bought a new boat! lol