Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Any Gs 231 CC owners?

JiuJitsu101
JiuJitsu101 Member Posts: 5
Does anyone own a GS 231 Center Console with a T Top? If so do you enjoy it or would you rather have a Bimini top? 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    This is an interesting topic jiujitsu101.  I look forward to seeing some good commentary on this.

Although I have only experienced bimini tops, my initial thoughts are that a bimini usually covers more interior room of the boat which will help make you and guests feel more comfortable on hot days.  One benefit I can think of with the T-Top is it is usually built with a more stable, robust base and allows you to run at wide-open-throttle with it.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• JiuJitsu101
    Yes it probably will have more coverage but it makes fishing very difficult. 
  • DanErb02
    DanErb02 Member Posts: 13
    02 GS211 here, going with Basic Fishmaster T-Top on it, has Bimini on it now... Cant imagine trying to land a big rockfish in the bay with all those frame poles everywhere around the edges of the boat!! I'll let you know when it's installed and shoot some pics for everyone.
  • JiuJitsu101
    Thank you. We were fishing in Florida. I lost a huge king fish trying to get the rod around one of the Bimini poles.